So we have a new granddog…Cora the Black Lab. She’s actually a sister from a different litter to Catfish the Black Lab. She is a little bundle of mischief and cuteness!
What’s going on in your world? The Kitchen Sink is where I occasionally share thoughts and musings on things we’ve been up to and whatnot. I’d love to hear what you’ve been up to as well! Jump over to the Facebook page and give a shout-out of your weekend plans.
1. Olympics! Olympics! Olympics! We have really been enjoying this year’s Olympics. Watching Shaun White earn a gold medal was so awesome, especially after watching Chloe Kim do the same thing! I kept thinking about the juxtaposition of watching one who is in the beginning of her adventures and one who is nearing the end.
2. This is Us. OMG. I love this show so much. Did y’all watch the last episode? I think they have handled everything just right. Except maybe for Crockpot.
3. Ok, let’s talk Instapot. I bought one on sale at Christmas and I have not even taken it out of the box. Why? I’m scared of that thing! I keep hearing my Granny warning me to stay away when she was using the pressure cooker. I don’t know if I can bring myself to do it.
4. Are you so ready for spring? I am! It seems like this winter has been dreary and has drug on forever. Bring it pollen!
5. Have you been to any of these places? I’ve been to 3. It’s a great list though so I’m adding them to my travel bucket list.
6. I love Ina Garten and so enjoyed this fun little interview with her. And my takeaway is that she likes Rao’s Tomato Sauce. I’ll have to try it.
7. Oh my. If you have a little boy—or if you have big boys like I do—this will tug at your heart.
8. There’s a new shop on SouthernFoodandFun.com where I have lots of my favorite kitchen items posted. You might find something you’ll love!
9. What’s the slang term your state is known for? Unbeknownst to me, Georgia’s is “get to gettin'” which I’ve actually never heard. Not sure who they polled for this list.
10. I’ll leave you with this, because we all need something to smile at today, don’t we? Here’s my precious granddaughter after she nabbed her brother’s new hat while he was napping. This is my joy.