Here’s our precious little granddaughter at 7 months old. She is so different from Luke in a lot of ways and they are so cute together. He adores her and kisses her all the time!
So a big change since the last Kitchen Sink update: In a Southern Kitchen has changed to Southern Food and Fun!
Don’t worry, all your favorite recipes will still be available! And I’ll continue to post more recipes—old Southern favorites and new creations as well. I’m also starting to get into recipe videos and plan to post a series of “How To” videos, like How to Make Biscuits or How to Make Tea Cakes—so if you have any ideas or anything you especially would like to see, please let me know.
I’m also going to be adding more travel and adventure posts as David and I embrace the empty-nester life. We find ourselves on the road more and more often now, so I want to share with my readers the tips we come up with along the way.
Thanks so much for your support of In a Southern Kitchen over the years and I look forward to continuing the journey with you on Southern Food and Fun!
Here’s this week’s Kitchen Sink thoughts and findings:
1. What are you reading this summer? I read [easyazon_link identifier=”1501169351″ locale=”US” tag=”inasoukit-20″]The Bright Hour: A Memoir of Living and Dying[/easyazon_link] by Nina Riggs and loved it. It was pretty heavy but books like that help you understand what other people—close friends or family—are going through. I break up my heavy reading with romance novels and the last few weeks I’ve been readying Meredith Duran and Sarah MacLean. Highly recommend both of these authors.
2. I don’t think I could afford to live in any of the places from these famous romantic comedies. Maybe Vivian’s apartment from Pretty Woman: $185 per week!
3. What do you think of these wedding etiquette dilemmas? As a recent mother-of-the-bride and recent mother-of-the-groom, I’m pretty much a stickler for following wedding etiquette rules.
4. We finished up the latest season of House of Cards and I think this was one of the best seasons ever. We finished the whole season in just a few days because we kept watching back-to-back episodes!
5. OJ was granted parole! Where were you when this happened?
6. If you’ve been thinking about changing jobs, maybe try one of these.
That’s all I’ve got today! Have a great weekend!