– 12 slices bacon, thin- or thick-cut – 1-2 tablespoon light brown sugar – ⅛-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray the foil with cooking spray.
3. Lay bacon slices on foil with separation between each piece.
4. Sprinkle brown sugar and cayenne pepper over bacon.
5. Roast bacon until fat starts to render, about 10 minutes. Rotate the pan from front to back and continue cooking until the bacon is crispy and brown, 5-8 minutes or 8-10 minutes for thick-cut bacon.
6. Remove bacon from pan when crispy and place on paper-towel lined plate. Serve immediately.