Toasted Cream Cheese Pound Cake flavored with butter and broiled just long enough to get toasty and brown! This is so perfect with a little fruit compote or caramel sauce!
We have had a few glorious days here in Georgia, with cool breezes teasing us as the last vestiges of summer begin to fade into fall. Of course, around here that fading can take another month or so but it sure has been nice to have a little preview.
I couldn’t resist one last ode to the peach bounty that we have in summertime, so I toasted some Cream Cheese Pound Cake and caramelized fresh peaches to go on top. It was lovely and delicious! Any fruit would work here, especially a nice raspberry sauce.
While I usually bake my Cream Cheese Pound Cake in a tube or bundt pan, for this recipe I wanted it in loaves to get nice, even slices that were slightly smaller. My loaf dishes are 8.5 x 4.5 but you could also use the bigger 9 inch pans and adjust the baking time slightly.
Vanilla ice cream serves as a wonderful accompaniment, as would homemade whipped cream. Enjoy!
Note for Quick and Easy: You can make the pound cake ahead of time and freeze or even buy a frozen one from the store and just toast it.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, (don't use low fat)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
To Bake Pound Cake:
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour two loaf pans or dishes.
- Sift flour and salt into a medium bowl and set aside. Cream butter and cream cheese in bowl of stand mixer for about 5 minutes, or until well-mixed and creamy. Add sugar and mix on medium-high for about 5 minutes until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until just blended. Add almond extract. Gradually add flour, beating on low until well blended. Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, checking after 45 minutes with a tester. You want it slightly gooey and not over-cooked. Mine took an hour.
To Toast Pound Cake:
- Slice cake and brush each side with melted butter. Place under broiler just long enough to brown slightly, maybe 1 minute.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 16 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 408 Saturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 107mg Sodium: 45mg Carbohydrates: 55g Sugar: 37g Protein: 4g