BBQ Pork Pizza with Roasted Corn, Jalapeno, and Smoked Mozzarella is super easy using leftover bbq pork. This BBQ Pork Pizza pops with flavor and is a great addition to a weekly meal plan.
With a few homemade ingredients and the help of some ready-made foods, you can have a tasty, original pizza on the table in about 30 minutes, like this BBQ Pork Pizza or my Fig Jam, Caramelized Onion, and Prosciutto Pizza.
I like to purchase ready-made dough at my local grocery store and then pile on the toppings.
Sometimes pizza can be as simple as a traditional Margherita style pizza, with fresh tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella, but other days I like to change things a bit, like with this BBQ Pork Pizza.
Using leftovers as pizza toppings is a great way to get dinner on the table fast. I cooked some Smithfield Pork Spareribs for dinner on Sunday, and then chopped up the leftovers to use later in the week.
How to make BBQ pork pizza
- Since I don’t have a pizza stone and peel, I spread the ready-made dough as thin as I can, brush a little olive oil on a baking sheet and a little on top of the dough, and then bake it in the oven on 500 for 2-3 minutes, just until the edges are slightly browning.
- While the oven is heating, chop one jalapeno and slice the kernels off two ears of corn. Slice about a quarter or half of a red onion and grab a handful of cilantro and rough chop, along with a couple of green onions.
- Remove the pizza dough from the oven after a couple of minutes, and brush with barbecue sauce, then sprinkle cheese on top of the sauce.
- Add chopped pork, corn kernels, jalapeno, and red onion, and bake for 7-9 minutes then sprinkle half a cup of cheese on top.
- Bake another couple of minutes or until crust is nicely browned underneath and cheese is melted and slightly browning.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle the chopped cilantro and green onions on top.
BBQ Pork Pizza: Dinner with meat and vegetables in 30 minutes or less!
- Use pickled red onions instead of sliced onions
If you've tried this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!
You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
And please join the Southern Food and Fun Facebook group to get all the Southern Food and Fun recipes.
- 1 lb. ready-made pizza dough
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups chopped bbq meat
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- ½ cup thin red onion slices
- ¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 500.
- Brush olive oil on the bottom of a baking sheet, then spread the dough as thin as possible on the baking sheet. Brush dough with olive oil and place in pre-heated oven for 2-3 minutes, just until the edges are slightly browning.
- Remove the pizza dough from the oven after a couple of minutes, and brush with barbecue sauce, then sprinkle 1 ½ cups cheese on top of the sauce. Add chopped pork, corn kernels, jalapeno, and red onion and bake for 7-9 minutes, then sprinkle remaining half cup of cheese on top. Bake another couple of minutes or until crust is nicely browned underneath and cheese is melted and slightly browning. Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle the chopped cilantro and green onions on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 678Saturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 1577mgCarbohydrates: 77gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 37g
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork. All opinions are my own.
Update Notes: This post for BBQ Pork Pizza was originally published March 28, 2017, and on April 13, 2020, was updated with one or more of the following: step-by-step photos, video, updated recipe, new tips.