Jalapeno Turkey Burgers are spicy and delicious, with minced jalapeno, sundried tomatoes, green onions, and parsley mixed in for tons of fresh flavor!
These spicy turkey burgers make getting dinner on the table a snap! You can prep all the ingredients a day ahead and just cook the burgers when you need them. And these Jalapeno Turkey Burgers go perfectly with this quick and easy Pineapple Cole Slaw.
You may also like...
Bobby Flay's Santa Fe Burger with a Twist - burger topped with a fried green tomato and other surprises!
Helpful Tools and Ingredients
- Non-stick grill pan - since turkey burgers don't have a lot of fat, they do have a tendency to stick to the pan. I love my non-stick grill pan for this jalapeno turkey burger recipe!
- Sundried tomatoes - you need good quality sundried tomatoes for this recipe. I like to keep a large jar in the fridge because they add flavor to so many things.
- Extra virgin olive oil - use a good quality olive oil in this turkey burger recipe because the flavor will really stand out.
- Ground turkey
- Green onions
- Fresh parsley
- Garlic powder
- Fresh jalapenos
- Bread crumbs - just plain bread crumbs, not flavored
- Italian seasoning
How to Make Turkey Burgers
Cook's Tip: For these Jalapeno Turkey Burgers, I like to use a combination of ground turkey breast and regular ground turkey to get a little more fat mixed in, about a 50/50 ratio. If you want to keep them super lean then you can use all turkey breast, just know that the turkey burgers will be slightly more dry.
Step 1. Combine ground turkey breast, minced jalapeno, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, fresh parsley, green onion, one egg, garlic, seasonings, olive oil, and salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix gently until well combined.
Step 2. Form the jalapeno turkey burger mixture into about six or seven patties.
Cook's Tip: You want these spicy turkey burger patties to be a little thinner than you might make beef burgers so that they'll cook pretty quickly on the inside.
Step 3. Heat a non-stick grill pan on medium-high until hot, then place the jalapeno turkey burgers on the pan. Don't crowd the pan. Get one side nicely browned, then flip and turn the heat down to medium-low and cook until done, usually about 10 minutes. You may need to flip sides a few times.
The center should read 165° on an instant read thermometer.
If you've tried this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!
You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
And please join the Southern Food and Fun Facebook group to get all the Southern Food and Fun recipes.
Jalapeno Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1-2 jalapenos, minced
- ½ cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients except for 2 tablespoons of olive oil in large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Form into about six or seven patties that are somewhat thin.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a non-stick grill pan on medium high heat.
- Add patties and cook until golden brown on each side, about 5 minutes per side. The temperature should read 165° on an instant read thermometer.
Update Notes: This Jalapeno Turkey Burger recipe was the first post ever published to this blog! This post was originally published September 16, 2010, and on September 28, 2019, was updated with one or more of the following: step-by-step photos, video, updated recipe, new tips.