Blackberry Mojito pairs ripe blackberries, fresh mint, tart lime, and smooth white rum, creating a refreshing cocktail that’s perfect for any occasion. This delicious blackberry mojito recipe puts a fruity twist on the traditional mojito but is perfectly balanced and so refreshing on a hot summer day. The addition of blackberries means this one is bound to become your new favorite cocktail!
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
This Blackberry Mojito isn’t just a simple cocktail—it’s a taste of the South in every glass. With its blend of sweet and tart flavors balanced by the cool freshness of mint, it’s a quick and easy treat you can whip up whenever the mood strikes.
Whether you’re entertaining guests or simply enjoying a quiet evening at home, this cocktail is bound to leave a lasting impression.
Want to add a dessert to go with your blackberry mojito? Carry on with the theme and try our famous Blackberry Cobbler.
See the recipe card for full ingredients and instructions.
With these simple ingredients and our easy instructions, you’ll be enjoying the perfect cocktail in minutes! The blackberry flavor and the classic mojito’s minty-lime taste make a superb pairing and the perfect way to enjoy summer’s best berries.
Fresh blackberries – get these in the height of the summer season for the best flavor.
Fresh mint leaves – mint will enhance all of your rum cocktails.
Fresh lime juice – for a refreshing twist.
Simple syrup – homemade simple syrup is easy and the best.
White rum – the type of rum is important here. Dark rum will change the flavor profile.
Ice cubes – use this clever gadget to make clear ice like the best bars.
Club soda – you don’t need much, but be sure what you have is top quality like this one.
- Lime wedges or slices
- Extra blackberries
- Mint sprig
- Edible flowers (optional)
- Feel free to substitute blackberries for other fresh berries like raspberries or strawberries.
- If rum doesn’t quite hit your sweet spot, consider swapping it out for vodka or tequila.
- Use agave or sugar cane juice for the simple syrup (although we recommend staying with the simple syrup for the best flavor.)
The possibilities with this recipe are as endless as a Southern summer day.
How to make a blackberry mojito
- Start by muddling the blackberries and mint in a cocktail shaker.
- Add in the lime juice, simple syrup, and white rum. Give it a good shake.
- Prepare your glass by filling it with ice and adding lime slices and blackberries.
- Pour the cocktail mix over the ice and top up with club soda.
- Finish with a garnish of mint leaves and serve while it’s still ice cold.
How to make homemade simple syrup
You need simple syrup for this recipe, and while you can purchase it at the liquor store or sometimes the grocery store, it’s so easy to make at home and tastes better! Just combine granulated sugar and water in equal parts and bring to a boil.
Boil for a few minutes until the sugar dissolves, and that’s it!
Store your simple syrup in the refrigerator for several weeks.
Fresh ingredients are key for the best flavor in this blackberry mojito. You can even grow your own blackberries for maximum taste!
Prepare your simple syrup ahead of time and keep it chilled.
Adjust the sweetness to your liking.
Don’t have a good muddler? The end of a wooden spoon works almost as well.
Strain your cocktail of the blackberry mixture before serving if you prefer it without fruit pieces.
Mojitos are best served fresh.
You can pour this perfect summer drink into a highball glass or any tall glass, or a traditional old-fashioned cocktail glass.
You can prepare the blackberry and mint mixture ahead of time, as well as the simple syrup.
Store leftover simple syrup in the refrigerator. The blackberry mojito is best when enjoyed immediately.
You can try raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries.
Use more soda water, ginger ale, or sparkling water instead of the rum.
And please follow us on social media:
- 6 blackberries
- 6 mint leaves
- ¾ ounces lime juice
- ¾ ounces simple syrup
- 2 ounces white rum
- club soda (to top up)
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- lime slices
- mint leaves
- edible flowers (optional)
- Put the blackberries and mint into a cocktail shaker and muddle.
- Add the lime juice, simple syrup, and white rum.
- Shake vigorously.
- Fill a glass with ice, add a lime slice and a couple of whole blackberries. Pour over the cocktail then top up with soda water.
- Add mint leaves for a garnish and enjoy immediately while still ice cold.
Simple Syrup Instructions
- Put the sugar and water into a small saucepan set over medium heat.
- Stir continuously until the syrup comes to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and allow the syrup to simmer for a few minutes until it looks thicker and all the sugar has dissolved.
- Transfer to a heatproof container.
- Simple syrup will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 weeks.