Chocolate Coca-Cola cake is an old-fashioned Southern favorite made with cocoa and real Coca-Cola. It’s moist, delicious, and easy!
This Coca-Cola cake recipe has been around for decades and is an old Southern favorite. You must use real Coca-Cola—no Pepsi or other non-Coke drinks! Okay, of course you can use whatever you like but be forewarned that anything other than real Coke is not going to taste right, in my opinion. I’m from Georgia, so this is Coca-Cola country!
Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake:
You can bake this Chocolate Coca-Cola cake in a 9×13-inch baking dish or a sheet cake pan. I typically use the baking dish as I like this cake a little more traditional and fluffy and not as flat as a sheet cake pan would have it. You don’t need a stand mixer for this cake because the melted butter will help the flour and sugar to mix well. I sometimes use a hand mixer and sometimes just a whisk.
This easy Coca-Cola cake will delight your family and is a simple and quick dish to take along on potluck dinners. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 6 tablespoons Coca-Cola, (I just pour in the rest of the can)
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar, one box, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and lightly flour a 9x13-inch baking dish. Sift together the flour and sugar.
- Bring butter, cocoa, and Coca-Cola to a boil then pour over the dry mixture. Whisk until well blended. Add buttermilk, baking soda, eggs, and vanilla, and whisk until blended. Gently stir in marshmallows. Pour batter into prepared dish. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Bring butter, cocoa, and Coca-Cola to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar, vanilla, and nuts if using. Spread frosting on cake while hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 16 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 514 Saturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 69mg Sodium: 245mg Carbohydrates: 75g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 59g Protein: 4g