Chocolate Nutella Ganache is easy to make and serves as a perfect compliment to brownies, cookies, cakes, or pies! And it's a great make-ahead dish!
You should make this chocolate nutella ganache today because...well, because it's Wednesday. Because you will love it and want to put it on everything. Because it just feels like something you should do today.
And it's super easy! Don't you love recipes that are easy and then turn out to be impressive and delicious? I sure do, and this is one of those.
How to Make Chocolate Nutella Ganache
All you have to do is chop up some good quality chocolate, mix it with Nutella, add a little butter, and then pour in some heated heavy cream to melt it all. Stir and blend together and you're done! It really is that easy.
I use this on shortbread, or cupcakes, or really anything that cries out for chocolate and in my house that's just about everything.
- 6 ounces chopped semi-sweet chocolate, don't use chips and use good quality
- ½ cup Nutella
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Place chopped chocolate in a large mixing bowl. Add Nutella and butter to bowl.
- Heat cream in a saucepan until very warm, not quite boiling but a good simmer.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate and whisk until chocolate and butter are melted and well-blended.
- Allow ganache to set for a little bit before using. You can also make the ganache a day ahead and store in the refrigerator, just bring to room temperature and whisk before spreading. If you make it ahead and it's too thick to spread you might have to heat it just a little. Will keep in the refrigerator several days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 469Saturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g