Lemon Glaze that's so easy and is perfect for cakes or cookies! Just five ingredients with a few secret touches.
Everyone loves this Lemon Glaze. It's the perfect way to perk up almost any dessert that might seem a little plain: just whip up some of this glaze for cake or whatever you want to serve it on and drizzle right over the top.
There's just enough tartness in the glaze to balance the sweetness from the confectioner's sugar to give your desserts a wonderful lemon pop!
- Fresh Lemons
- Citrus Juicer (I love this one!)
- Powdered sugar
- Unsalted Butter
How to Make Lemon Glaze
Start by zesting and juicing one or two lemons, depending on how much glaze you want. Then stir the lemon juice, zest, and milk into the confectioner's sugar until well blended.
Stir the melted butter into the confectioner's sugar and lemon juice mixture and add a pinch of salt.
- Double this recipe if using for a cake.
- You can make the glaze ahead of time and keep it covered in the refrigerator for several days. Just bring to room temperature and give the lemon glaze a quick whisk before you drizzle it on your dessert.
- To get the maximum juice from your lemons, be sure they are room temperature. Roll the lemon on the counter with light pressure or microwave the whole lemon for about 10 seconds.
If you don't have a good citrus juicer, I highly recommend this one. I use this thing ALL THE TIME. Makes it so easy to add lemon juice to any dish and keeps the seeds out. I ordered one for all of my kids for Christmas last year!
If you've tried this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!
You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
And please join the Southern Food and Fun Facebook group to get all the Southern Food and Fun recipes.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (optional)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Pinch salt
- Stir together powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and milk until well mixed. Stir in melted butter and pinch of salt.
- Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1169Saturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 218mgCarbohydrates: 246gSugar: 238gProtein: 1g
Update Notes: This post was originally published June 1, 2018, and on March 11, 2019, was updated with one or more of the following: step-by-step photos, video, updated recipe, new tips.
More Lemon Recipes:
And here are 50+ Sweet and Savory Lemon Recipes from The Recipe Critic - there's sure to be something in this list that will delight your taste buds!