Sausage, Peppers, and Onions on a sheet pan baked in the oven—so easy! One-pan dinners are the best for quick preparation and cleanup, and you can usually have enough leftovers for a second meal.
Sausage and Peppers is a classic Italian meal, usually cooked in a skillet or on the grill and served in a hoagie roll or over polenta or pasta. With this easy sheet pan preparation, you just put everything on one baking sheet and roast in the oven for about half an hour.
How to Make Sausage, Peppers, and Onions
I used sweet Italian links for this recipe, but you could use pre-cooked chicken sausage as well, you just wouldn’t cook the sausage as long.
Slice a couple of bell peppers, doesn’t matter which ones, along with some onion. Place the onion on the baking sheet first and roast for 5-10 minutes before adding the peppers and sausage.
After adding the peppers and sausage, roast for 25-30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the sausage is browned. That is it! Serve with rolls or make my Cheesy Polenta.
Sheet Pan Sausage, Peppers, and Onions
Sausage, Peppers, and Onions on a sheet pan baked in the oven—so easy!
- 6 sweet Italian sausage links
- 2 large bell peppers, seeded, stemmed, and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Place the onions on the baking sheet and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Spread onions out to an even layer and roast for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and push the onions to one side. Place the peppers on the baking sheet and toss with remaining olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Move the peppers to the center and place the sausages on the end of the baking sheet, spacing evenly apart.
- Roast another 25-30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the sausage is completely cooked through.