Sugar Cookie Bars are super easy to make and perfect when you don't have time to roll and cut cookies! These cookie bars have the best flavor—your family will devour them!
With the same basic dough as my Sugar Cookie Recipe for Rolled Cookies, these Sugar Cookie Bars are delicious and so easy to make that you may put them in a weekly rotation!
When you don't want to chill, roll, and cut out dough, these Sugar Cookie Bars are the perfect recipe for you.
P.S. If you'd like to try something completely different from sugar cookies, I recommend this recipe for Creme Brulee Cookie Bars from Crazy for Crust. They are divine!
How to Make Sugar Cookie Bars
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
Step 2. In bowl of stand mixer, cream butter for about five minutes, then add sugars and beat on medium-high until light and fluffy, scraping sides and bottom of bowl frequently. Add egg, egg yolk, and the vanilla and almond extracts and beat until just blended.
Step 3. Turn mixer down to low and gradually add flour, salt, and baking powder, beating until just combined.
Step 4. Spread dough in prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack and then cut into squares. Then frost your bars with buttercream icing.
You'll love how easy this recipe is, and your family will love how delicious! This is a great recipe for a party or a potluck dish since you can leave the sugar cookie bars in the pan until ready to serve, or you can remove and place on a platter. Total flexibility!
If you've tried this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!
You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
And please join the Southern Food and Fun Facebook group to get all the Southern Food and Fun recipes.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 whole large egg, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon cream or half-and-half (optional, just if you want more creamy)
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream butter for about five minutes. Add sugar and beat on medium-high until light and fluffy. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl frequently. Add egg, egg yolk, vanilla and almond extracts and beat until just blended.
- Turn mixer down to low and gradually add flour, salt, and baking powder, beating until just combined.
- Spread dough in prepared baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack and then spread cookies with buttercream icing.
- Beat butter in large bowl of stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and beat until mixed. Add extract and pinch of salt and beat until blended. Add milk or cream if needed.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 16 cookie bars
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Saturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 194mgCarbohydrates: 45gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g
For even more great bar cookies, check out this list from Southern Living of the Best-Ever Bar Cookies and Brownies!