Caprese Bites made with grape tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and basil, and drizzled with balsamic glaze—this is an light, easy appetizer that will have your guests coming back for more!
This is just about the easiest appetizer you can make, and the bonus is that it's relatively healthy. All you need are grape tomatoes, mozzarella balls, basil and balsamic reduction.
Cut the tomatoes in half and cut the mozzarella balls in halves or thirds. Then just thread them onto skewers, sprinkle some chopped basil over and drizzle on balsamic reduction. Add a little salt and pepper and you have a perfect, easy appetizer.
Slightly adapted from Southern Living's Mini Caprese Bites.
- 30 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 15 fresh small mozzarella balls, halved or thirds
- 30 4-inch wooden skewers
- 6 basil leaves, chopped or chiffonade
- 1/4 cup balsamic reduction
- Thread 1 tomato half and 1piece of cheese on each skewer.
- Place skewers in shallow serving dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then drizzle balsamic reduction over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 15 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Sodium: 49mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 11gSugar: 25gProtein: 8g