Easy Peanut Butter Cake uses just six ingredients, is mixed in one bowl, and bakes in about half an hour. It’s simple and quick and your family will love it!
This peanut butter cake is my favorite way to make a one layer cake. It’s just quick and easy, and you don’t even have frosting to worry about.
Your kids will love this cake as an after school snack and it’s also great as a gift to take to someone who’s homebound.
You may also like…
Peanut Butter Cookies – these three ingredient cookie are easy and delicious!
Peanut Butter Cake Recipe
You probably have almost everything you need right in your pantry—there’s no chopping required and no fancy ingredients.
- Peanut butter
- Brown sugar
- Self-rising flour (you can also use all-purpose, you’ll just need to add leavening
First you’ll melt the butter, then add the peanut butter and melt. Then just whisk until it’s nice and creamy.
Next, whisk in the brown sugar and add eggs and vanilla. Then whisk in the flour. Bake the cake for about 25 minutes and that’s it!
- You can add a dollop of jelly to make it a PB&J snack or just sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.
- To freeze the peanut butter cake, wrap it in parchment paper, then in foil and freeze up to 3 months. You can also freeze as individual servings.
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!
You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
And please join the Southern Food and Fun Facebook group to get all the Southern Food and Fun recipes.
Easy Peanut Butter Cake
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup self-rising flour (see notes if using all-purpose)
- Preheat oven to 350. Cover an 8 x 8 dish with tin foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter halfway. Add peanut butter and melt for 30 seconds. Whisk together until well mixed and creamy.
- Whisk in brown sugar until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk until blended. Add flour and whisk until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared dish and bake for about 25 minutes, until edges are set but there is still a little gooeyness on toothpick tester in the center. Do not over bake.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for ten minutes, then remove from dish using the tin foil as handles. Place foil on wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Did you know it’s super easy to make your own peanut butter? Check out this recipe for 5 Minute Homemade Peanut Butter.
Update Notes: This post for Easy Peanut Butter Cake was originally published October 6, 2015, and on April 3, 2020, was updated with one or more of the following: step-by-step photos, video, updated recipe, new tips.