Green Goddess Dressing made with mayonnaise, sour cream, watercress, and lots of fresh herbs. It's delicious on salad, fish, or as a dip!
It's easy to pull out regular old Ranch dip when you're having a party and want to serve chopped vegetables, but it you want to serve something a little prettier and with a whole lot more flavor, give this Green Goddess Dressing a try.
This dressing is super easy to make—you just toss everything in the food processor and blend! That's it. No chopping required! That's my favorite kind of recipe!
I could eat this dressing by the spoonful—it's that good! It tastes like spring in a bowl.
Fresh herbs and watercress lend a peppery tang to the creamy base of mayonnaise and sour cream that makes this green goddess dressing an excellent choice for a hearty salad or as a dipping sauce.
Green Goddess Dressing
While many Green Goddess dressing recipes call for buttermilk, which I don't care for in dressings, this one from Canal House uses mayonnaise and sour cream as the base.
With fresh parsley, chives, and tarragon, and a little flavor from anchovy paste, you have a lovely dressing that can work for you in a variety of ways.
What are your go-to party dips?
Green Goddess Dressingsave to your free grow.me collection saved to your free grow.me collection!!
- 2 cups watercress, tough stems removed, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss everything except salt and pepper into food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.