Lemon Cream is a quick and easy no-bake creamy dessert made with cream cheese and lemon curd. Spread it on cookies, use as a pastry filling, or as a simple treat with fresh berries.
Don’t you love easy desserts? I sure do! This lemon cream is great by itself and also perfect in a berry trifle—which I made recently with my favorite Cream Cheese Pound Cake.
The trifle was lovely with strawberries and blueberries and the pound cake and lemon cream complemented each other perfectly.
This recipe is a lemon cream cheese recipe with no eggs, which means it’s quick and easy because there’s no baking or cooking required.
You may also like…
Toasted Cream Cheese Pound Cake – this would be perfect with some lemon pastry cream drizzled over it!
Tools for Making Lemon Cream
You’ll find all my favorite recommendations for the kitchen.
- Lemon curd – you can make your own using a recipe like this one, or just buy good quality lemon curd in the jar.
- Cream cheese – don’t use low-fat!
- Fresh lemon zest and juice – there’s no skimping here, folks. You’ve gotta use a fresh lemon for that bright, citrus flavor.
- Almond extract – if you don’t have almond then you can certainly use vanilla, but I much prefer the subtle taste of the almond extract in this recipe. A little goes a long way!
How to Make Lemon Cream
Step 1. Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy.
Pro Tip: Make sure your cream cheese is softened before you start beating it. You don’t want any lumps!
Step 2. Add lemon curd to cream cheese and beat until smooth and well-blended.
Step 3. Add the lemon zest and juice along with the almond extract and beat until blended, scraping down the sides as needed.
Tips and Storage
- Use high quality products for best results. I never use store-brand cream cheese.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Allow to sit outside the refrigerator for about 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Although I haven’t tried it, I don’t think this recipe would freeze well.
Lemon Cream – Perfect Summer Dessert
This simple lemon cream is easy and so good with crumbled shortbread cookies or berries, or as the base for a tart—the possibilities are endless!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!
You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
And please join the Southern Food and Fun Facebook group to get all the Southern Food and Fun recipes.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups lemon curd
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- In bowl of stand mixer, whip cream cheese until smooth then add lemon curd and beat on medium until combined. Add lemon zest, juice, and almond extract, and beat on medium-high until well-mixed and creamy.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Saturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 263mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 3g
Looking for more lemon? Try one of these 35 Best Lemon Desserts!
Update Notes: This post was originally published August 11, 2016, and on July 23, 2019, was updated with one or more of the following: step-by-step photos, video, updated recipe, new tips.