Y’all. Listen to me. You need to add this dip to your Superbowl menu because it is a cheesy, sausagey, spicy mix of WOW! and your friends and family will inhale it. I know, because I made it last weekend and that’s exactly what happened.
[irp posts=”1188″ name=”Homemade Pimento Cheese”]
Serve with chips. Or spoons. It’s that good.
Pimento Cheese Queso Fundido with Chorizo
- 1 lb. fresh chorizo sausage
- 2 cups pimento cheese
- 1 cup grated queso cheese
- 2 cups Southern style salsa or 2 cups pico de gallo or salsa
- Garnish fresh cilantro, chopped tomato, chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 450. Remove casings from chorizo and crumble the sausage into a cast iron skillet. Cook 8-10 minutes or until browned, using a fork to break up the sausage. Remove sausage from skillet and place on paper-towel lined plate to drain. Pour off grease from skillet.
- Place sausage back in skillet, add pimento cheese, queso cheese, and salsa. Mix well. Place skillet in oven and heat 8-10 minutes, until cheese is bubbling. Remove and garnish with cilantro, tomatoes, and green onion. Serve immediately with heavy tortilla chips.
Adapted from Cast-Iron Pimento Cheese Dip in Callie’ Biscuits and Southern Traditions.
Here’s my recipe for Classic Pimento Cheese.
And Southern Style Salsa.