A spicy, cheesy queso fundido with chorizo sausage, pimento cheese, queso cheese, and fresh salsa, great for game day and tailgating.
Y'all. Listen to me. You need to add this dip to your Superbowl menu because it is a cheesy, sausagey, spicy mix of WOW! and your friends and family will inhale it. I know, because I made it last weekend and that's exactly what happened.
How to Make Pimento Cheese Queso Fundido
Just take pimento cheese, homemade is best but good quality store-bought will do, add some grated Mexican queso cheese, cooked chorizo sausage, and homemade Southern style salsa (or store-bought pico de gallo or salsa), melt the cheese in the oven and top it with chopped tomatoes, cilantro, and green onions.
Serve with chips. Or spoons. It's that good.
Pimento Cheese Queso Fundido with Chorizosave to your free grow.me collection saved to your free grow.me collection!!
- 1 lb. fresh chorizo sausage
- 2 cups pimento cheese
- 1 cup grated queso cheese
- 2 cups Southern style salsa, or 2 cups pico de gallo or salsa
- Garnish, fresh cilantro, chopped tomato, chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 450. Remove casings from chorizo and crumble the sausage into a cast iron skillet. Cook 8-10 minutes or until browned, using a fork to break up the sausage. Remove sausage from skillet and place on paper-towel lined plate to drain. Pour off grease from skillet.
- Place sausage back in skillet, add pimento cheese, queso cheese, and salsa. Mix well. Place skillet in oven and heat 8-10 minutes, until cheese is bubbling. Remove and garnish with cilantro, tomatoes, and green onion. Serve immediately with heavy tortilla chips.
Adapted from Cast-Iron Pimento Cheese Dip in Callie' Biscuits and Southern Traditions.