Homemade sweet potato fries, oh how I love thee! Do y’all like sweet potato fries? They are so easy and make a great side dish for so many things: chicken, pork, fish, or even just a big salad. And homemade sweet potato fries are way better than any frozen ones you can pull out of a bag!
A lot of evenings we will have a simple supper of just homemade sweet potato fries and some other roasted vegetable, maybe my roasted Brussels sprouts or roasted cauliflower. It’s quick and easy, with little cleanup.
You can pair sweet potato fries with a dipping sauce if you like a little extra oomph. This one is made with Sriracha sauce to give it a nice kick of flavor. You could also make a sweeter sauce with a little brown sugar and ketchup.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Preheat oven to 425. Spread foil over baking sheets and spray with cooking spray. Peel and slice potatoes evenly into thin strips. I usually cut off a bit of the ends to help even them out.
- Rinse with cold water then pat dry completely.
- Place corn starch, chili powder, cumin, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a large bag and shake until blended. Add potato fries and shake until coated. Add oil and shake again, coating potato strips.
- Space potato fries out so they are not touching. Use two baking sheets if necessary. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove pan from oven and flip potato fries. Bake another 12 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- In medium bowl, stir all ingredients together until well blended. Store in refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Saturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 891mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g