Banana Split Dessert is a quick and easy refreshing summer treat that kids can make all by themselves for Father's Day! It's just bananas, graham crackers, strawberry ice cream, and hot fudge sauce made into a banana split trifle!
Y'all. I'm about to tell you about the easiest dessert ever. I kid you not. We wanted banana splits, but I've never liked the big boat with half a banana hanging out on each side—way too cumbersome, especially for a little kid to navigate. So, allow me to introduce to you my new favorite ice cream concoction: Banana Split Dessert.
Banana Split Dessert
This dessert is crazy simple and a great way to get kids helping in the kitchen because they can do it all by themselves. Just crumble graham crackers in the bottom of the dessert cup, add sliced bananas, strawberry ice cream, more graham crackers and bananas, and top it off with hot fudge sauce and whipped cream.
Having a backyard burger cookout? This Banana Split Dessert would go great with these Bobby Flay Santa Fe burgers or some Easy Ribs. Add a Pizza Pasta salad or Lemon Basil Pesto Pasta Salad and some grilled corn on the cob and you'll have a perfect summer fête menu.
Note: These measurements are guidelines--you really just need to put however much you want of each ingredient!
- 2 whole graham cracker sheets, divided into 8 pieces
- 2 bananas, you'll use 1/2 banana total in each dessert cup
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce
- Whipped cream
- Lay out 4 dessert cups on counter. Crumble 1 piece of graham cracker into bottom of each dessert cup.
- Add 1/4 banana, sliced. Add 2 generous scoops strawberry ice cream. Crumble 1 piece of graham cracker over ice cream. Add 1/4 banana, sliced. Drizzle hot fudge sauce over the top. Add spoonful of whipped cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 434 Saturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 53mg Sodium: 230mg Carbohydrates: 65g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 45g Protein: 6g