Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies made with semi-sweet chocolate and peanut butter chips are an irresistible combination and easy to make!
Do y’all just love everything that Ina Garten makes? I do! I was watching her show one morning and she made these cookies and I knew I had to try them.
Ina calls them Chocolate Peanut Butter Globs, but regardless of what you call them, they are a delightful mix of chocolate and peanut butter blended together.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies combine two of my most loved flavors—Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are my all-time favorite candy, so I will eat anything that resembles a Reese’s! And these cookies fit that bill perfectly.
They are a little crispy around the edges and chewy in the middle, with a deep chocolate flavor and a nice hint of peanut butter.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Ina melts the chocolate chips over simmering water, but I find that it works just as well to slowly melt the chocolate in the microwave. That’s probably anathema to a real chef, but as a home cook I do what works for me. I don’t add nuts either, but you certainly could if you like nuts in your cookies.
You can use a stand mixer or just a hand mixer and these cookies come together in mere minutes. So easy and just the right combination of peanut butter chips and semi-sweet chocolate. You will love them!
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 325. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, combine butter, half the chocolate chips, and the unsweetened chocolate. Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute, stir, and continue in 30-second increments until chocolate is melted. Stir until blended.
- In large bowl, beat the eggs, espresso powder, and vanilla until combined. Add sugar and beat on medium-high for 2 minutes until batter is thickened.
- Slowly add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture, beating on low until just combined. Add flour mixture and stir with a spatula.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of batter 1-inch apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 24 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188 Saturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 24mg Sodium: 42mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 13g Protein: 3g
If you like chocolate and peanut butter together, try my Peanut Butter Pound Cake.
Pin this one!