Easy Feta Dip that you can make in less than 10 minutes! Bring the flavor of the Greek islands to your next party with this simple smooth and creamy dip!
I first had feta dip at a Greek restaurant in Franklin, Tennessee, and my girlfriends and I loved it! Then when my husband and I traveled to Greece, we had it again and I knew I had to put this dip in our regular rotation.
After playing around with a few recipes, I came up with the perfect combination to make a creamy dip that has enough tang from the feta cheese to be a good complement to vegetables or pita chips.
While this recipe is similar to traditional Greek Tirokafteri, I've opted to use cream cheese rather than Greek yogurt, mainly because I don't like yogurt!
This feta cheese dip recipe is so simple that you can make it in less than 10 minutes. I throw everything in the food processor, whip it for a few minutes, and that's it!
You can make the dip a couple of days before your event and store it in the refrigerator.
Pro tip: Remove the feta dip early enough to bring it to almost room temperature and then drizzle a little honey over the top.
You may also like...
Smoked Salmon Dip - this easy dip is made in the food processor and requires no chopping!
- I love to use my food processor for this whipped feta dip, but you could also use a stand mixer.
- If you don't have a food processor or a stand mixer then you could use a hand mixer or just a good old fork and spoon, but know that the dip won't get as creamy and smooth.
- You'll want to have a high quality honey on hand for drizzling. I love this one that I can easily get on Amazon!
Ingredients for Feta Dip Recipe
- Feta cheese
- Cream cheese
- Fresh lemon juice
- Olive oil
How to Make Whipped Feta Dip
Step 1. Crumble feta cheese and place in the bowl of the food processor along with room temperature cream cheese. Pulse until the cheeses are well blended.
Step 2. Add lemon juice and olive oil and pulse until dip is smooth and creamy.
Step 3. Remove to a shallow dish and refrigerate for up to three days.
Step 4. Serve lightly chilled or at room temperature.
Pro Tip: Drizzle with honey and sprinkle fresh thyme leaves over the dip before serving.
Serve feta dip with crispy pita chips or soft pita bread torn into pieces. Add some vegetables like sugar snap peas and sliced peppers or grape tomatoes.
Whipped Feta Dip
- 6 ounces quality feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- Fresh thyme
- Crumble feta cheese and place in the bowl of the food processor along with room temperature cream cheese. Pulse until the cheeses are well blended.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil and pulse until dip is smooth and creamy. Remove to a shallow dish and refrigerate for up to three days.
- Serve lightly chilled or at room temperature.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle fresh thyme leaves over the dip before serving.
Tips for the Best Feta Dip:
- Ingredients: Use good quality ingredients and make sure your cheeses are room temperature before starting the dip.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Make Ahead Tips: You can make the feta dip recipe 3 days before you want to serve it. Before serving, allow the dip to come to almost room temperature and give it a good stir with a fork or whisk.