Don't you love easy recipes that make everyone think you slaved away in the kitchen for hours? I do! This is one of those. You can make this Cream Cheese Danish the morning you want to serve it or the day before. Maybe even 2 days before! All you need are 2 packages of refrigerated crescent rolls, 2 packages of cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon, 1 egg, butter, lemon juice, and a little brown sugar.
Add a little fruit and you have a wonderful breakfast that can serve a small crowd. Enjoy!
- 2 8 count packages crescent rolls
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon, separated
- 2 8 ounce bars cream cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" dish. Unroll 1 can of crescent rolls and press into bottom of dish, making sure seams are sealed together. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon cinnamon over the crescent rolls.
- Beat cream cheese on medium speed for about 5 minutes until creamy. Add egg yolk, granulated sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- Spread all but ½ cup of cream cheese mixture on top of crescent rolls. Reserve the ½ cup for another use.
- Unroll second can of crescent rolls on a sheet of parchment paper. Press edges together and press into a 9" x 13" rectangle.
- Place crescent rolls over cream cheese and tuck in the sides so the cream cheese is covered. Brush melted butter over the top layer of crescent rolls.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tablespoon brown sugar over the top.
- Bake about 30 minutes until the top is golden brown. Allow to rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 10 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Saturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 21gSugar: 21g