Green Salad with arugula and fresh herbs, topped with simple lemon vinaigrette! This salad is amazing in its simplicity and goes with anything!
A few weeks ago, some girlfriends and I had a night out on the town. Our restaurant options are unlimited around metro Atlanta, so we always like to try a new place and we ventured out to Lure, a seafood restaurant in downtown Atlanta. It was amazing!
Going out with girlfriends is a completely different experience than going out with your husband or even as couples. When six or eight ladies go out, we turn every experience into small plate dining whether it’s a tapas restaurant or not. We order a couple of appetizers and a couple of entrees and then just share everything amongst us, which is a wonderful way to explore a restaurant menu.
At Lure, we particularly enjoyed the herb and lettuces green salad, filled with watercress, arugula, other assorted lettuces and fresh herbs, embellished with candied ginger and pumpkin seeds, and dressed with a lime vinaigrette.
Green Salad with Arugula and Fresh Herbs
We loved it so much that I made a version of it later and it’s become our favorite green salad. You can find the candied or crystallized (basically the same thing) ginger at most grocery stores or some health foods stores. I picked up toasted pumpkin seeds at my local Publix. And I served with this lemon vinaigrette that I use for pretty much every green salad. You can substitute lime juice for the lemon juice.
Hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups Watercress
- 4 cups Arugula
- 2 cups Mixed baby greens
- 3-4 tbsp types of fresh herbs: tarragon parsley, cilantro, dill, thyme--coarsely chopped or just torn into slivers
- 2 tbsp chopped candied ginger you may like more or less ginger, it does have a strong flavor but we love it, chopped into small slivers -- use about 1/4 cup per 3 cups of greens
- 2 tbsp Toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup Cheese optional -- goat, pecorino, Parmesan, feta would all work well
- Lime or lemon vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper
- Mix lettuces and a few herbs together in a large bowl. I use predominantly watercress and arugula and fill in with baby lettuces.
- Add candied ginger, pumpkin seeds, and cheese if using.
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and add a little freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss lightly with vinaigrette.