Simple, Perfect Guacamole—just avocado, jalapeno and serrano peppers, a little onion, garlic, cilantro, and lime juice. That’s all you need to make the best guacamole!
Y’all, let me tell you, I love guacamole so much I could eat it every day. I don’t, of course, because it’s so high in calories, but I could.
When I’m 80 and decide calories don’t matter anymore, then I probably will.
When I was pregnant with my youngest, I literally did eat guacamole every day. It’s a wonder he wasn’t born wanting an avocado, but to this day he won’t even touch one.
On the other hand, with the oldest I ate chocolate chip cookie dough nearly every day and he could inhale that daily if possible.
This easy guacamole is so simple and easy and it’s my absolute favorite. No tomatoes, just a little onion, lots of lime and cilantro, a little garlic, and jalapeño and serrano peppers.
I like the heat from the peppers and it’s not overpowering at all. If you don’t care for cilantro then you definitely want to cut that back or even leave it out but if you like cilantro in guacamole then don’t be shy!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
And please join the Southern Food and Fun Facebook group!
Simple Perfect Guacamole
- 4 ripe avocados regular size not the huge ones
- 1 large garlic clove finely minced
- 2 tbsps finely minced white onion
- 1 jalapeno peppers ribs and seeds removed, finely minced
- 1 serrano pepper optional–add if you like it hotter, ribs and seeds removed, finely minced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (or more!)
- Juice from 1 lime
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Peel and mash the avocado in a medium bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.