Marinated vegetables makes an easy appetizer that you can make ahead. We use asparagus, tomatoes, hearts of palm, and mushrooms, but you can mix and match and use different vegetables. The tangy apple cider vinegar dressing lends a vibrant and tasty touch to this dish.
Everyone devours these easy marinated vegetables! We love this recipe because you can make it ahead of time, which is always a good thing when you’re having a party.
Our favorite vegetables are listed below, but you could certainly mix and match combos. Add some artichoke hearts or sun-dried tomatoes, or toss in some olives. There is no limit to what you can do!
We love these marinated vegetables as part of a small-plate menu with pimento cheese, Vidalia onion dip, and seared ahi tuna. You could also throw in some caramelized bacon if you really want to wow folks!
How to marinate asparagus
You can use asparagus as is, or you can blanch or steam it. We usually blanch it, just to ensure it’s slightly tender.
Then just add it to the rest of the vegetables that you want to marinate. So easy!
- Blanching basket – this is helpful if you decide to blanch the asparagus
- Reusable bags for marinating – saving the planet!
- White serving platter – use this platter for so many things — turkey, cheese board, or these marinated vegetables
- Hearts of palm
- Canned button mushrooms
- Grape tomatoes
- Artichoke hearts
How to make marinated vegetables
Step 1. Blanch asparagus if needed.
Step 2. Add dressing ingredients to a jar and shake well.
Step 3. Place vegetables in a large bag and add dressing. Mix well.
Step 4. Place in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
These marinated vegetables are a great appetizer or side dish. Serve with our other favorite party recipes:
And please follow us on social media:
- 3 lbs. asparagus, blanched if large stalks
- 2 cans sliced hearts of palm
- 1 jar button mushrooms
- 1 ½ pints grape tomatoes
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Add vegetables to a large resealable bag.
- Add dressing ingredients to a jar and shake until well mixed.
- Pour dressing over vegetables.
- Marinate at least 4 hours or overnight.