Pretzel Bark is the best Halloween treat! Kids love this colorful and fun bark and it’s so easy they can make it themselves. It’s a simple Halloween pretzel bark recipe that’s scary good – and scarily easy to make!
This would be perfect for serving at a Halloween party or as a bagged Halloween treat for the kids. The best part is that while it might be seasonal, it’s one recipe that everyone is going to remember!
I love a Halloween treat that is all about colorful fun. Making pretzel bark is fast and easy—and always a hit no matter what!
This is also good for lunch boxes and makes a great afternoon snack for the kids.
Why pretzel bark is great
- A fun Halloween treat that anyone can make.
- A cute dessert that will get everyone in the Halloween spirit.
- A great way to make a treat that will feed a crowd.
The best part about making pretzel bark is that you can easily change up the way it looks. Just add different sprinkles, some googly eyes, or even some fake spiders on top! There are so many options to change up this delicious bark recipe.
Change up the flavor of chocolate chips for fun! Try white chocolate and mint chips for a St. Patrick’s Day pretzel bark!
You can also easily add different types of candy or vary the color of the sprinkles to coincide with other holidays or events.
- Dark chocolate chips
- Vegetable oil, divided
- Pretzel wheels
- White chocolate chips
- Candy eyes
- Green and purple sprinkles
- Peanut butter cups
How to make pretzel bark
Step 1. Line the baking sheet
Add parchment paper to a baking sheet and lay the pretzel wheels on top. Make sure they’re in a single layer.
Step 2. Melt the chocolate
Add vegetable oil to the chocolate chips and put them in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in the microwave for 30-second increments.
Step 3. Pour over the top
Pour the dark chocolate over each pretzel and cover them.
Step 4. Make lines
Grab a spoon and put the white chocolate over the top of the dark chocolate and make thin lines, then use a toothpick to drag the lines.
Step 5. Add the candy and sprinkles
Sprinkle on the peanut butter cups, sprinkles, and candy eyes over the top of the chocolate.
Step 6. Chill
Put in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden. Once done, remove and break the pretzel bark into pieces with your hands.
Served chilled for best results.
To keep the pretzel bark fresh, store it in an airtight container. It can be stored at room temperature or in the fridge, up to you.
Recommended tools for pretzel bark
And please follow us on social media:
- 20 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 4 cups pretzel wheels
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- candy eyes
- ¼ cup green and orange sprinkles
- ¼ cup peanut butter cups
- Add parchment paper to a baking sheet and lay the pretzel wheels on top. Make sure they're in a single layer.
- Add 1/2 Tbsp of the vegetable oil with the white chocolate chips and put them into a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in the microwave for 30-secon increments. Stir between each time and do this until it's melted. Set it aside.
- Repeat the same melting process above with the dark chocolate chips.
- Pour the dark chocolate over each pretzel and cover them.
- Grab a spoon and put the white chocolate over the top of the dark chocolate and make thin lines.
- Grab a toothpick and drag the lines in a downward motion. Do this quickly because the chocolate is going to harden fast.
- Sprinkle on the peanut butter cups, sprinkles, and candy eyes over the top of the chocolate.
- Put in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden. Once done, remove and break into pieces with your hands.
- Served chilled for best results.