Pumpkin Bread Pudding made with challah bread, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, and cloves, and topped with a warm caramel drizzle. This one is simple comfort food that tastes amazing!
If you haven't finalized your Thanksgiving menu yet (then you are a procrastinator!) this is a wonderful pumpkin bread pudding recipe that you could add to your list because your people will love it!
I've made this pumpkin bread pudding a few times now, and each time my guests have raved over it. I add caramel sauce and homemade whipped cream, but you could use vanilla ice cream instead. Or you can add a little maple syrup to the cream and have maple whipped cream, which just sends this dish over the top.
It's a great make-ahead recipe and can be done up to a day ahead and just baked about an hour before you're ready to serve.
Easy, delicious, and impressive—just what your party table needs!
Pumpkin Bread Pudding:
This pumpkin bread pudding recipe is SO EASY! You start by mixing together 2 cans of pumpkin puree, milk, cream, sugar, eggs, and heavenly fragrant spices, then toss in the bread cubes and stir. That's literally it!
Recipe adapted from Spiced Pumpkin Bread Pudding from Fine Cooking magazine.
- 2 15-oz. cans pure pumpkin puree
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 cups challah bread, for me this usually ends up being 2 loaves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, optional
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, do not add if using the maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large, deep mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin and all other ingredients EXCEPT bread until well blended. Gently fold in bread cubes and mix well.
- Let sit for 20 minutes at room temperature. Stir bread cubes and transfer to prepared dish. (At this point, you can cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.)
- Bake 45 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Serve warm or room temperature, drizzled generously with warm caramel sauce and topped with maple or plain whipped cream.
This is a great make-ahead recipe: just prepare the bread pudding up to the point of baking and then store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 15 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 485Saturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 189mgSodium: 413mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 9g