– 1 loaf white bread, I use thin sliced bread and get 2-3 rounds out of each slice – 2-3 cucumbers, cut into ¼-inch slices – 2 tablespoon salted butter, softened – 1 8- ounce brick cream cheese, softened – ⅓ cup mayonnaise – ½ tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice – 2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill – Extra dill for garnish
1. In bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until creamy. Add mayonnaise, lemon juice, and chopped dill and blend until creamy and well mixed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Use a small cookie or biscuit cutter to cut rounds out of bread or just cut the crusts off and cut into squares.
3. Spread softened butter on each round of bread and top with a thin spreading of the cream cheese mixture. Place cucumber slices on top of cream cheese. Top with a dollop of cream cheese. Place in the refrigerator for thirty minutes to an hour before serving. Can be made ahead and left in the refrigerator for several hours.
4. Top with a sprig of fresh dill just before serving.