Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie that with a creamy, rich filling poured over a chocolatey crust and covered with a chocolate glaze—this is the perfect dessert if you’re a chocolate and peanut butter lover!
Chocolate and peanut butter together are two of my great loves—I’m old enough to remember the old commercials where a Hershey’s chocolate bar collided with a jar of peanut butter and voila, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups were born! That’s why I added Reese’s to my Peanut Butter Pound Cake!
This pie is my version of that collision, with a creamy peanut butter filling, chocolate crust, and chocolate glaze topping. This chocolate peanut butter pie hits all the notes of flavor in a dessert!
You’ll need a good quality 9-inch springform pan for this chocolate peanut butter pie recipe, and either a stand mixer or a hand mixer to make the filling.
Ingredients for the Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Chocolate…peanut butter…and a few other things are what you’ll need to make this easy chocolate peanut butter pie. A little whipped cream along with cream cheese gives the filling its luscious, creamy texture.
- Chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- Semi-sweet chocolate
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese
- Creamy peanut butter
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon juice
You may also like…
Peanut Butter Cake – this easy little snack cake is a perfect after school treat!
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Step 1. Combine the chocolate graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a small bowl and stir until well blended. Press this crumb mixture firmly into a 9-inch springform pan.
Step 2. Melt semi-sweet chocolate and stir in heavy cream. Spread the melted chocolate over the crust.
Step 3. Pour one cup of the heavy cream into a bowl or stand mixer and whip until stiff peaks form. Place this whipped cream in the fridge until the filling is ready.
Step 4. In your mixer bowl, place peanut butter and cream cheese and mix until creamy and blended. Gradually add confectioner’s sugar, vanilla and lemon juice and beat until the filling is creamy and smooth. Then fold in the whipped cream about a quarter cup at a time.
Step 5. Pour the creamy peanut butter filling over the prepared crust and refrigerate for at least two hours or until the pie is set.
Cook’s Tip: If you allow the pie to set overnight it will firm up much better.
Step 6. Melt the rest of the chocolate slowly with the remaining heavy cream, stirring constantly.
Step 7. Remove the chilled pie from the springform pan and place it on a wire rack with parchment paper underneath. Pour and spread the chocolate topping over the pie, covering the top and sides.
Step 8. Refrigerate the glazed chocolate peanut butter pie another 2 hours or until the chocolate topping is set.
Make Ahead and Freezer Options
This Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is actually better if you make it a couple of days ahead since it requires time chilling in the refrigerator. You can make the pie up to 3 days ahead if needed.
You can freeze this whole pie once it’s done and keep it for a week or two. Just place in the freezer until the filling is firm, then cover and store in the freezer.
Allow the frozen pie to thaw 30 minutes before serving.
And please follow us on social media:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 ¾ cup heavy cream plus 2 tablespoons
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a small bowl and stir until well blended. Press crumb mixture firmly into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Melt 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate and stir in 2 tablespoons heavy cream. Spread the melted chocolate over the crust.
- Pour one cup of the heavy cream into a bowl or stand mixer and whip until stiff peaks form. Stick the whipped cream in the fridge until the filling is ready.
- In mixer bowl, add peanut butter and cream cheese and mix until creamy and blended. Reduce speed to low and gradually add confectioner’s sugar, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Increase speed to medium and beat until filling is creamy and smooth. Fold in the whipped cream about a quarter cup at a time.
- Pour filling over the prepared crust and refrigerate for two hours or until the pie is set.
- Melt chocolate slowly with the remaining 3/4 cup of heavy cream, stirring constantly until the chocolate is melted. Remove chocolate from heat and stir for two more minutes.
- Remove chilled and set pie from the springform pan and place on a wire rack with parchment paper underneath.
- Pour and spread the chocolate topping over the pie, covering the top and sides.
- Refrigerate another 2 hours or until the chocolate topping is set.
Update Notes: This post was originally published August 14, 2011, and on September 26, 2019, was updated with one or more of the following: step-by-step photos, video, updated recipe, new tips.