Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip made with three cheeses and Ranch dressing makes a great appetizer for feeding a crowd or weeknight dinner sliders. Cook the chicken in the crock pot and your work is done!
Don't you love easy appetizers? I sure do, especially ones that are portable and can be made ahead. This Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip can even be frozen so you always have a yummy appetizer or weeknight sandwiches ready to go.
How to Make Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
👋 Want the printable recipe? Just scroll down!
You're going to need 4 cups of shredded chicken for this recipe, which can be white or dark meat—you can use a whole rotisserie chicken, or bake some chicken thighs or breasts, or use my easy Crockpot Shredded Chicken method. If you use the crock pot, the chicken almost shreds itself.
Then you add the good stuff: cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, mozzarella, sour cream, Ranch dressing, and hot sauce. For this recipe, I only use Frank's RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce—and no, this is not a sponsored post, that's just the sauce that I use!
Buffalo Chicken Dip is so versatile that you can serve it as a dip or make hand pies, which I also did. You can also serve this as a filling for sliders or burritos.
Other than shredding the chicken, there's basically no work involved in this dish. You just stir everything together and bake. Then enjoy!
Tips for Easy Buffalo Chicken:
- Use Crockpot Shredded Chicken
- Use pre-shredded cheese
- Use quality ingredients: Philadelphia Cream Cheese and Frank's RedHot Sauce
- Freeze in proportioned bags for up to 3 months
- Serve creatively: mini hand pies, sliders, burritos, tacos, or mini tarts
If you've tried this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!
You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
And please join the Southern Food and Fun Facebook group to get all the Southern Food and Fun recipes.
- 4 cups shredded chicken
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well mixed. Spoon into a 9x13-inch baking dish and bake 20 minutes. Remove dish from oven and stir chicken to mix in the melting cream cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes then remove from oven.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 20 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Saturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 669mgCarbohydrates: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g