This easy one-pot pork chops recipe is filled with carrots, green beans, and potato. It’s all you need for an easy weeknight meal.
This pork chops recipe has been loitering in my recipe box for more than twenty years, handwritten on an old index card the way we used to keep recipes. I have no idea where it came from, probably a magazine, but I haven’t made it in years so I decided to give it a whirl and a few tweaks.
Pork chops, carrots, green beans, all in a tangy sauce and in one skillet. That’s my kind of recipe! And I think y’all must love pork chops because one of the most searched recipes on this site is for baked pork chops.
The original version of this pork chops and vegetables recipe included a packet of instant onion soup mix, but I made a homemade version instead and it turned out wonderfully.
This is a quick and easy weeknight meal with everything you need right in one pot. You could include my herbs and lettuces salad if you want something to go with but that’s really all you need.
Well, except for dessert: Old-fashioned Chocolate Pie or Chess Pie. Or Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie in a Skillet or Peanut Butter Cake. Sorry. You know where my heart lies.
Join Southern Food and Fun Community group
and Southern Potluck group!
And please follow us on social media:
Skillet Pork Chops with Vegetables
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Better than Beef, bouillon mix
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carrot, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- ½ cup fresh chopped green beans
- 1 small potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large measuring cup or small bowl, stir together water, Better than Beef, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil on medium-high in a large skillet and add pork chops. Brown well on both sides, then turn heat down to medium. Add carrot, green beans, and potato. Sprinkle basil, salt and pepper over vegetables.
- Pour sauce over vegetables and pork chops and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 45 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through and vegetables are tender.