A good homemade barbecue sauce is a must in your kitchen. You can mix it together quickly, and always have a versatile sauce to complement pulled pork, chicken, ham or even burgers. Here’s how I usually make barbecue sauce, although I may add or deleted based on what I have. Just have fun with it and taste as you go.
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce, (I like Frank's)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup molasses or honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Stir all ingredients together in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 10 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 894mg Carbohydrates: 55g Sugar: 49g Protein: 2g