A good homemade barbecue sauce is a must in your kitchen. You can mix it together quickly, and always have a versatile sauce to complement pulled pork, chicken, ham or even burgers. Here's how I usually make barbecue sauce, although I may add or deleted based on what I have. Just have fun with it and taste as you go.
Barbecue Saucesave to your free grow.me collection saved to your free grow.me collection!!
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce, (I like Frank's)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup molasses or honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Stir all ingredients together in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator.