Do you have a repertoire of simple recipes that you can put together quickly and you know will always make your family happy? This is a great one to add to that list. I came across this recipe in a magazine probably 20 years ago and have been making it ever since. It’s a kid and grown-up favorite.
All you need are 2 8-ounce bars of cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, eggs, mini chocolate chips and a cracker or cookie crust. I like to use the Oreo cookie crust, but you could make your own or use a plain graham cracker crust.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sugar until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla and eggs and mix until just blended. Add 1 cup of mini chocolate chips.
Stir until the chips are all mixed in and then pour into the crust.
Sprinkle another cup of mini chocolate chips on top of the batter and then place pie on a large cookie sheet and bake at 350° until center is almost set. Cool the pie on a cooling rack for about thirty minutes and then refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
The above photo is what your cheesecake will look like if you forget to set a timer and therefore bake it for much longer than 40 minutes. But guess what? On the inside, it’s still good.
Adapted from Kraft’s 3 step chocolate chip cheesecake.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 1 9-inch cracker or cookie crust (if store bought, the package will say 6 oz.)
- 2 8-ounce bars of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups miniature chocolate chips divided (I just use one whole bag and divide it. Close enough).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, use electric mixer to blend cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix until blended.
- Stir in 1 cup of mini chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into crust.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of mini chips over batter.
- Place pie on large cookie sheet and bake for about 40 minutes, until center is almost set.
- Cool on rack for at least thirty minutes and then refrigerate for 3 hours.