Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing made with Hershey's cocoa, butter, and powdered sugar. It's quick and easy with no cooking required!
Sometimes you want a delicious, simple Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, and sometimes you want a slightly tangy Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing. Actually, I usually always prefer a cream cheese frosting.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing
This one is so easy—just cream cheese, butter, cocoa, and powdered sugar, with a touch of vanilla and half-and-half. There's no cooking required. All you need is a good hand or stand mixer and about 10 minutes.
This chocolate cream cheese icing is perfect for my Yellow Layer Cake or the Best Chocolate Cake, and could even be used on the Texas Sheet Cake, although I prefer the cooked icing on that cake. You can use this icing on cupcakes too. The possibilities are endless—and I won't tell anyone if you eat it right from the bowl!
Chocolate Cream Cheese Icingsave to your free grow.me collection saved to your free grow.me collection!!
- 1 8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- ½ tablespoon vanilla
- ½ tablespoon half-and-half
- Sift cocoa powder and powdered sugar together in a bowl. In bowl of stand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together until fluffy. Add the cocoa and powdered sugar mixture and beat until blended. Add vanilla and half-and-half and mix until well blended. Can be made 2 days ahead and stored in refrigerator.