Chocolate pizza made on refrigerated pizza dough with chocolate hazelnut spread and lots of chocolate chips—this is a kid-favorite!
All of my children have favorite desserts. Brian loves the cream cheese pound cake, cheesecake, chocolate chip cookies and brownies. Malorie loves the pumpkin roll, cream cheese pound cake, banana pudding, red velvet cake and fudge pie.
But Casey only ever asks for one dessert: chocolate pizza. He would eat it every single day if I would make it that often. Fortunately, chocolate pizza is probably the easiest dessert there is to make. It’s just pizza dough spread with Nutella with chocolate chips sprinkled on top. That’s it!
I found this recipe several years ago in one of my favorite cookbooks, Giada’s Family Dinners. Of course, I make it slightly different from Giada, because I add a lot more chocolate. But either way, it’s a great, easy, weeknight kid-pleasing dessert.
How to Make Chocolate Pizza
Start by spreading pizza dough into a cookie sheet then brushing with a couple of tablespoons of melted butter.
Bake this for about 20 minutes, until crust is brown and crisp. Then spread a few tablespoons of Nutella over the crust.
Over the Nutella, you just sprinkle any combination of chocolate chips: semi-sweet, bittersweet, milk, white, or even peanut butter and/or butterscotch. Then pop it back in the oven for a couple of minutes, just until the chips begin to melt.
That’s it…the easiest dessert you will ever make and perfect for the chocoholics in your family.
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!
You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
And please join the Southern Food and Fun Facebook group to get all the Southern Food and Fun recipes.
- 1 lb. pizza dough
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- Position oven rack on the bottom and preheat oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough and spread onto the baking sheet. Make indentations over the dough with your fingertips. Brush melted butter over the dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove pizza crust from oven and spread with Nutella. Sprinkle chips over the Nutella. Bake for another 1-3 minutes, until chips begin to melt slightly. Slice and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 498Saturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 570mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 3gSugar: 32gProtein: 8g