Sometimes you just want to eat food that makes you feel like you’re doing something good for yourself. This tuna salad is on that list. With garbanzo beans, egg, tuna and no mayo, it’s a satisfying combination of flavors and textures that’s also chock full of nutrients. And it’s super easy and quick to pull together, perfect for lunch at home.
Start with two packets of tuna or one can. Add a can of drained and rinsed garbanzo beans, a chopped hard-boiled egg, green onions, fresh parsley, sweet pickle relish, olive oil and salt and pepper.
Gently stir everything together and then serve. It’s that easy!
- 2 packets water packed tuna or one can, drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 1.5 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1-2 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Gently stir all ingredients together and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Cholesterol: 31mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g