Farro Salad with arugula, herbs, and sun-dried tomatoes is bursting with fresh flavors. You’ll want this salad all year long!
We love farro around here, with its slightly nutty texture and wholesome goodness. It keeps you full and satisfied a bit longer than rice, and I think farro is more versatile in recipes, like this delicious farro salad. One of my other favorites is my Farro with Vegetables.
You’ll need these ingredients
- cooked farro
- garbanzo beans
- assorted fresh herbs – I like basil, parsley, mint, rosemary
- sun-dried tomatoes
- golden raisins
- olive oil
How to make farro salad
This farro salad requires a bit of hands-on prep work with chopping the herbs and sun-dried tomatoes, but otherwise it’s easy and you’ll have it ready in a jiffy.
- Add cooked farro and garbanzo beans to a bowl.
- Stir in coarsely chopped arugula.
- Add chopped fresh herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, golden raisins, and stir gently.
- Stir in a little olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Farro salad is a great make ahead dish. You can keep it in the refrigerator for several days.
- Not a freezer friendly recipe though. The fresh herbs would lose their punch and the texture would not be as good.
- We love this farro salad when we go on vacation! It’s a great packing salad for quick lunches.
- I use canned garbanzo beans, but you could cook your own by following this tutorial.
And please follow us on social media:
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped arugula
- ½ cup coarsely chopped basil
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together the farro and beans.
- Gently stir in the remaining ingredients.
UPDATE NOTES: This post was originally published June 25, 2012, and on March 10, 2022, was updated with one or more of the following: step-by-step photos, video, updated recipe, new tips.