Sausage breakfast pizza with eggs and cheese over a crescent roll crust is a fun and delicious cheesy breakfast. Kids love this recipe!
This easy Sausage Breakfast Pizza recipe is an easy way to serve breakfast to a crowd, especially when you’re feeding kids. My kids tend to love this recipe more than my Classic Breakfast Casserole because they prefer the scrambled eggs in this recipe over that of the egg custard in casseroles.
Helpful Tools and Ingredients
- 9 x 13 baking dish – this dish is great for so many recipes!
- Cast iron skillet – my kitchen workhorse!
- Crescent rolls
- Refrigerated hash browns
- Chopped onion
- Chopped green pepper
How to Make Sausage Breakfast Pizza:
Step 1. Start with a package of crescent rolls and spread into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
Step 2. Bake the crescent rolls at 375° for 10-15 minutes until browned.
Step 3. While the crescent rolls are baking, sauté one package of refrigerated hash browns with half a cup of chopped onion and half a cup of chopped red or green bell pepper.
Cook’s Tip: To get the the hash browns nice and crispy for the Sausage Breakfast Pizza, cook them on medium-high for about 10 minutes.
Step 4. In a large skillet, cook one pound of ground sausage on medium-high heat until brown and crumbly, 8-10 minutes.
Have you ever tried to make your own sausage? Here’s a recipe for Homemade Breakfast Sausage.
Step 5. Remove the sausage from skillet and drain on a plate lined with a paper towel.
Step 6. In a large bowl, whisk 8 large eggs with a little salt and pepper and 3 tablespoons of half and half, then add to the skillet and scramble lightly for a couple of minutes.
Cook’s Tip: The eggs will finish cooking in the oven while the Sausage Breakfast Pizza is baking so don’t overcook them in the skillet.
Step 7. Sprinkle the sausage over the crescent rolls, then the hashbrowns and the scrambled eggs. Cover the top with grated Cheddar cheese.
Step 8. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut the Sausage Breakfast Pizza into pieces and serve.
If you’ve tried this recipe for Sausage Breakfast Pizza, please rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
And please join the Southern Food and Fun Facebook group to get all the Southern Food and Fun recipes.
Sausage Breakfast Pizza
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls, (8 count)
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 package refrigerated hash browns
- 4 tbsp Canola oil to cook hash browns
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons half and half
- 2 ½ cups grated Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly spray 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and then spread crescent rolls in dish, making sure to press the edges together so there is no separation.
- Bake crescent rolls until lightly browned, 10-15 minutes.
- In large skillet, pour about 3 tablespoons canola oil and heat, then add the hashbrowns, onion and pepper. Cook until hashbrowns are crispy, flipping every few minutes.You may have to cook in batches.
- Once hashbrowns are done, add sausage to skillet and cook until brown and crumbly. Remove and drain on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Mix eggs with half and half and a little salt and pepper, then add to skillet and cook for about 2 minutes, just until lightly scrambled.
- Spread sausage over the baked crescent rolls, then top with hashbrowns, eggs and then spread the grated Cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
Recipe adapted from a recipe from Jimmy Dean’s Sausage Breakfast Pizza.
Update Notes: This Sausage Breakfast Pizza post was originally published December 30, 2011, and on October 3, 2019, was updated with one or more of the following: step-by-step photos, video, updated recipe, new tips.