Prosciutto wrapped asparagus crispy from the grill and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese is one of our favorite and easiest appetizers! The plate is empty almost before it hits the table.
I admit it, we have a thing for prosciutto: Prosciutto with Pears, Arugula, and Goat Cheese; Prosciutto, Arugula, and Cheese; Fig Jam, Caramelized Onion, and Prosciutto Pizza. But hey, what’s not to like?
Prosciutto is thin and light, salty, and goes with so many different things to make great appetizers or part of a main dish. And Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus is one of its best marriages.
My friend Molly grills this asparagus and we literally hover over the plate as soon as it’s off the grill…it’s all gone in minutes. And it’s so easy to make!
Prosciutto wrapped asparagus instructions
Step 1. Heat grill to medium.
Step 2. Trim the asparagus if needed and snap off about an inch from the bottom of each stalk.
Step 3. Wrap each asparagus spear with a slice of prosciutto and place on a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil.
Step 4. Brush the prosciutto wrapped asparagus spears lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Step 5. Place the sheet of foil with the asparagus on the hot grill and cook for about twenty minutes over medium heat, turning as needed to cook all sides.
Step 6. Remove the cooked asparagus from the grill and place on a platter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve!
You may also like…
Parmesan Roasted Asparagus – easy oven-roasted asparagus topped with melted Parmesan cheese
This recipe works great for an appetizer or as a light main dish with a side salad for a simple summer supper.
For more inspiration, check out this post on The Best Grilled Vegetables by the Stay at Home Chef.
- Use fresh, seasonal asparagus for best results.
- Buy good quality prosciutto!
- This prosciutto wrapped asparagus recipe is best hot off the grill, but if you want to take it to a party, you can wrap in foil and serve at room temperature.
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!
You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
And please join the Southern Food and Fun Facebook group to get all the Southern Food and Fun recipes.
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- ½ lb. sliced prosciutto
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Heat grill to medium.
- Trim the asparagus if needed and snap off about an inch from the bottom of each stalk.
- Wrap each asparagus spear with a slice of prosciutto and place on a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Brush wrapped asparagus spears lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place foil with asparagus on hot grill and cook for about twenty minutes over medium heat, turning as needed to cook all sides.
- Remove the cooked asparagus from the grill and place on a platter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Saturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
Update Notes: This post was originally published July 29, 2014, and on June 7, 2019, was updated with one or more of the following: step-by-step photos, video, updated recipe, new tips.