Roasted Shrimp with Red Peppers and Feta cheese is easy enough for a weeknight dinner--add a simple green salad for a perfect meal!
In our family, it's nearly impossible to think of shrimp without thinking of Granny. Her love for fried shrimp is legendary so a few weeks ago, we all took her to Red Lobster to celebrate her 93rd birthday! She barely weighs 100 lbs. soaking wet, but she ordered a huge shrimp platter and cleaned her plate!
Isn't she the cutest? We sure do love her. Every year on her birthday, I ask her if she feels old yet. And every year, she says, "No, not any older than last year. I'll let you know when I do."
I like to prepare shrimp at home because it's quick and easy and usually healthy. I rarely fry anything (I know, I know, I'm a Southern food blogger but I hate the mess) and much prefer someone else to cook fried shrimp for me. Here on the site you can find the best New Orleans style French Quarter shrimp, as well as a similar Baked Shrimp Scampi—both are family favorites! And there's also Shrimp and Pineapple Stir-fry, along with Slow Cooker Shrimp, Farro, and Tomato Risotto.
Roasted Shrimp with Red Peppers and Feta
This roasted shrimp dish is different but still simple and easy, which is my favorite type of meal. Not much chopping is required and there is a good balance of flavors from the roasted red peppers and feta cheese. If you're not a fan of feta then you could substitute with goat cheese or leave the cheese out altogether.
I like to serve Roasted Shrimp with Red Peppers and Feta with my Herbs and Lettuces Salad with French Salad Dressing, maybe throw in some Roasted Green Beans, but most of the time we will just have a simple supper with the shrimp and salad. And of course, if you want a quick and easy dessert you can always make an Old-fashioned Fudge Pie or a One-Minute Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug!
- 1 1/2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 400. Lightly spray a shallow 9x13-inch shallow baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except Feta cheese and bread crumbs. Spread mixture evenly into the baking dish. Sprinkle the Feta over the shrimp and then sprinkle the bread crumbs on top. Bake until shrimp is opaque and bread crumbs are lightly browned. Once shrimp are done, you can turn on the broiler for a few seconds to brown the bread crumbs.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 5 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Saturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 362mgSodium: 1589mgCarbohydrates: 7gSugar: 1gProtein: 32g