Crispy Chicken with Garlic Panko Crust is a great way to dress up plain chicken and it’s so moist and delicious even the pickiest eaters will love it.
Chicken breasts may be the most ubiquitous food we have. Most restaurant menus feature some version of a chicken breast and most home cooks put chicken breasts on the table at least once a week.
My family used to get so tired of chicken, though, so I was always looking for ways to change it up and bring different flavors to the sometimes bland chicken, like my Parmesan Chicken Cutlets, Quick and Easy Chicken with Prosciutto, or Sherry Garlic Chicken.
You may also like…
Cherry Tomato Salad – perfect side dish for this crispy chicken!
This Crispy Chicken with Garlic Panko Crust is another great way to dress up plain chicken.
I love this Crispy Chicken recipe because it’s quick and easy but has a lot of flavor with the garlic, lemon zest, and Dijon mustard—although if you’re not a mustard lover, don’t be afraid!
The mustard isn’t overpowering at all, just helps to keep the chicken moist. And you have time to clean up while the chicken is in the oven. Add some green beans or a simple salad, maybe a little garlic pasta or rice and you have a complete meal.
This crispy chicken could also be prepared a day ahead of time, all the way up to baking it. You can place it on the rack in the baking sheet and store in the fridge, just be sure to bring it out at least twenty minutes before baking to get some of the chill off so it will cook more evenly.
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!
You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
And please join the Southern Food and Fun Facebook group to get all the Southern Food and Fun recipes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3-4 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4-6 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with foil, lightly spray rack and place rack in the baking sheet.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add panko crumbs and toast, stirring frequently, until lightly browned. Remove skillet from stove and stir in Italian seasoning, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, wine, soy sauce, and Tabasco. Pour mixture into a shallow dish.
- Pat chicken dry and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in mustard mixture on all sides. Dip chicken in bread crumb mixture, covering evenly. Place chicken breasts on rack and sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Cut remaining tablespoon of butter into small pieces and dot chicken breasts with pieces of butter. Bake 30-40 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Crispy Chicken recipe adapted from Barefoot Contessa's Crispy Mustard-Roasted Chicken and Jacques Pepin's Quick-Roasted Chicken with Mustard and Garlic.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Saturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 1329mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
Crispy Chicken recipe adapted from Barefoot Contessa’s Crispy Mustard-Roasted Chicken and Jacques Pepin’s Quick-Roasted Chicken with Mustard and Garlic.