Meatloaf Muffins are so easy to make and they’re topped with a zesty ketchup and brown sugar glaze! These are a kid favorite and they freeze well.
One of the simplest entrees you can make for supper is Classic Meatloaf. And it’s versatile—you can use ground beef or ground turkey, and you can hide vegetables in there too—think spinach or ground carrots.
For these easy meatloaf muffins, I just use my classic meatloaf recipe, and using a muffin tin cuts the baking time in half!
The meatloaf muffins are smaller so they get a little more brown and crispy around the edges. Even though I use the same recipe, my husband prefers the meatloaf cooked this way!
👋 Want the printable recipe? Just scroll down!
Helpful Tools and Ingredients
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Ground chuck or turkey
- Green pepper
- Bread crumbs
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Brown Sugar
- Yellow Mustard
- This is my first choice for muffin pans
- Great mixing bowl with plenty of room
- Favorite freezer pans for storage
How to make easy meatloaf muffins
Step 1. Mix up the meatloaf as you normally would: meat, onion, pepper, egg, bread crumbs, ketchup all in a large bowl.
**Cook’s Tip: Don’t mix too much or the meatloaf will be tough but mix well enough to blend everything.
Step 2. Scoop mixture into muffin pans. My muffin pans are non-stick, but I still spray the pan and then slightly overfill each muffin cup.
**Cook’s Tip: I use an ice-cream scoop and put a heaping scoop in each muffin cup.
The meatloaf mixture will shrink down just a bit so you don’t want to under-fill. I can usually get 18-24 meatloaf muffins out of one recipe batch.
Step 4. Remove and brush with sauce using a silicone pastry brush. Then bake a few more minutes before taking the meatloaf muffins out of the oven.
**Cook’s Tip:This recipe makes enough to freeze so you can have muffin pan meatloaf anytime. Just thaw and reheat. So easy!
How to freeze meatloaf muffins
- Place the muffins on a baking sheet overnight in the freezer.
- The next day, put the frozen muffins in a bag and store in the freezer. This method keeps most of the sauce on the meatloaf. You’ll lose a little bit to the bag but not much.
- And it’s easy to make a little more sauce when you thaw out your meatloaf muffins anyway!
Southern Green Beans – traditional green beans with bacon
Summer Vegetable Gratin – perfect way to use those fresh summer vegetables
Quick Weeknight Mashed Potatoes – these are so quick and easy!
Fudge Pie – the name says it all — except that you can have it on the table in less than one hour!
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray two 12-cup muffin pans with cooking oil.
- Mix meats and other ingredients (except for the sauce ingredients) gently in a large bowl. You can saute the onions and green pepper in a little olive oil first if you want them to be completely tender. Place meatloaf mixture in muffin cups, mounding slightly above each cup. This recipe should fill about 18 muffin cups.
- Place meatloaf in oven and bake for 25 minutes. While meatloaf is cooking, mix the sauce ingredients. After 25 minutes, remove muffin pans from oven and spread sauce on the top of each meatloaf muffin.
- Bake for another 10 minutes and then remove from oven and let rest for fifteen minutes.
Tips for Making the Best Meatloaf Muffins:
- Don't mix too much or the meatloaf will be tough but mix well enough to blend everything.
- Use an ice-cream scoop and put a heaping scoop in each muffin cup.
Tips for Freezing Muffin Tin Meatloaf
- Place the meatloaf muffins on a baking sheet overnight in the freezer.
- The next day, put the frozen muffins in a bag and store in the freezer. This method keeps most of the sauce on the meatloaf. You'll lose a little bit to the bag but not much.
- And it's easy to make a little more sauce when you thaw out your meatloaf muffins anyway!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 9 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Saturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 702mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 22g
Update Notes: This post was originally published October 6, 2014, and on October 3, 2018, was updated with one or more of the following: step-by-step photos, video, updated recipe, new tips.