Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders are a kid favorite with crispy panko bread crumbs and easy honey mustard sauce. My family gobbles this chicken like nobody’s business and I bet yours will too!
Coming up with quick and easy dinner ideas can be challenging for busy parents, so this Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders recipe is perfect when time is a factor.
You can make the easy Honey Mustard Sauce and keep it in the fridge for weeks, ready to pull out whenever you want a delicious honey mustard-based recipe.
You may also like…
Chicken with Prosciutto – this is an even faster and easier chicken recipe!
Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
My grandson loves to dip his chicken tenders in honey mustard sauce, so I made this easy baked honey mustard chicken with strips that are already coated in honey mustard sauce. Of course, he still wants extra sauce for dipping!
How did we ever come up with the name Chicken Tenders anyway? Check out this article from The Kitchen on What the Heck is a Chicken Tender?
The Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders take about 10 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to cook—plenty of time to steam some broccoli or throw together an easy green salad like this one.
Add some rice and you have a perfect, kid-friendly meal on the table in less than an hour!
I like to keep some of these containers on hand so that when I have something like this baked honey mustard chicken recipe that’s freezer-friendly, I can double the recipe and put some in the freezer.
On a busy weeknight it’s so nice to be able to grab something nutritious from the freezer and have dinner ready in minutes.
Want the printable recipe? Just scroll down!
- Chicken breasts
- Panko bread crumbs
- Olive oil
- Honey mustard sauce
How to Make Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350º and lightly spray baking dish.
Step 2. Cut chicken breasts into large strips and place in baking dish. (Need some help? Check out How to Cut Chicken Breast Into Strips. )
Cook’s Tip: Save time and buy already cut chicken tenders! So much easier!
Step 3. Drizzle olive oil over chicken tenders, then drizzle honey mustard sauce over chicken tenders. Sprinkle with panko bread crumbs.
Cook’s Tip: If you have extra time and want to boost the flavor of your honey mustard chicken tenders, you can saute your bread crumbs with a little olive oil and garlic to get them toasty!
Step 4. Bake for 20 minutes then increase heat to 450º and bake an additional 10 minutes to brown and crisp the bread crumbs.
Step 5. Serve the baked honey mustard chicken with additional honey mustard sauce.
Serving and Storage Suggestions
What to Serve with Honey Mustard Chicken:
You can make this meal as simple or complex as you have time for! We usually just have a simple salad, but you could serve the honey mustard chicken tenders with Garlic and Herb Roasted Potatoes or Roasted Green Beans, or even Oven-Roasted French Fries.
- You can make this recipe up to the baking point a day ahead and bake right before serving, or you can go ahead and bake the honey mustard chicken tenders and just reheat.
- Store the baked honey mustard chicken in a covered container in the fridge.
- You can freeze the baked chicken tenders in freezer containers like these for up to 3 months. (They won’t be bad after 3 months, you just start to lose optimum flavor.)
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
And please join the Southern Food and Fun Facebook group to get all the Southern Food and Fun recipes.
Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup honey mustard sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º and lightly spray baking dish.
- Cut chicken breasts into tenders and place in baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over chicken tenders, then drizzle honey mustard sauce over chicken tenders. Sprinkle with panko bread crumbs and salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes then increase heat to 450º and bake an additional 10 minutes to brown and crisp the bread crumbs.
- Serve with additional honey mustard sauce.
Update Notes: This post was originally published July 12, 2018, and on August 22, 2019, was updated with one or more of the following: step-by-step photos, video, updated recipe, new tips.